Simplified Power can help you minimize your tax obligations through Predominant Use Studies. There are several areas the State Comptroller of Public Accounts will allow tax exemption status. Our Predominant Usage Studies provides the required documentation needed for tax exemption. The Texas Administrative Code is very clear, “Without the study, the claim for exemption will be presumed to be invalid.”
It is imperative for Businesses to maintain the proper documentation in order to avoid tax penalties and maintain tax exemption status. Simplified Power can help your company obtain and maintain tax exemption status if your business fits into the proper category defined by the Texas Administrative Code. Our Engineers provide the Study which will allow you to minimize your tax obligations moving forward.
Simplified Power can validate your Tax Exemption Status and provide several other value added services:
- Obtain any eligible Tax Credits with the State and/or REP
- Provide Stamped and Approved Predominant Use Study
- Analyze current Electricity Bills obtaining best market rate
- Provide support during tax audits
- Review past bills validating correct tax exemptions
- It is highly possible we can obtain your Study with NO out of pocket costs
A “Predominant Use Study” is based on the Texas Comptroller’s Office tax codes (TAC Title 34, Part 1, Chapter 3, Subchapter O, Rule 3.295), which requires such a filing to qualify a facility for state and local sales tax exemption on electricity and natural gas billings.
If you work in any of these industries, please call for a NO COST CONSULTATION:
- Manufacturing Operations of all types, including fabrication, assembly and/or processing, and all sizes of operations from small shops to large industrial facilities.
- Food Beverage Processors and Bakeries
- Nursing Homes, Alzheimer Units, Assisted Living and Retirement Facilities
- RV and Mobile Home Parks where the average tenant stay exceeds 30 days
- Apartment Complexes Buildings and Condominiums
- Agricultural and Horticultural operations
- Golf Courses
- Repairs to railroad “rolling stock”, jet aircraft engines, and national defense related “platforms”
- Oil, Gas, and Mining operations.
Simplified Power can partner with you and your Team to save your company thousands of dollars!